Last year a fashion brand came to us to discuss their Facebook advertising.
They were interested to know if we ‘could do better’ than their existing US based agency. They had a few concerns and since Facebook advertising was their primary revenue source, they wanted to make sure they had the best results possible.
So, like many clients, we began with an audit. Perhaps their existing agency was doing a great job. If so, we would let them know. If not, we would show them ways we could generate better results.
What the Advertising Audit showed
To our surprise (and the clients), there were dozens of ads that violated Facebook’s advertising policies.
In fact, so many ads were flagged we were amazed their account hadn’t been shut down. Facebook take the business of advertising seriously and if you break their rules they can, and regularly do, shut down accounts without warning and without appeal.
For a business who lives and breathes from the results of their social media advertising campaigns, this was a real issue.
Other areas of the account were questionable. Campaign structures, audiences being used as well as the creative themselves.
Quickly, to my surprise at the time, the client said they would switch to us at the end of the month.
Existing campaigns results
The existing campaign wasn’t terrible. It was profitable but the agency didn’t know how to scale the results.
The campaign had made $26,464 worth of sales from $7,025 in ad spend. That’s a 3.77 ROAS (Return on ad spend) for the last month of management.
Here’s a 3 month comparison of the results after we took over the clients account;
As you can see from above, Digital Domination has helped scale the brand to make more sales at a greater profit and increased sales revenue by $72,121.
But it gets even better.
Here’s the results for the last 90 days (2020)
In less than a year this eCommerce brand has grown by 248% in monthly sales revenue AND increased profits significantly!
Here’s how we did it
Once we took over management of the account we did the following;
- Reviewed their brand story
- Established the customer benefits
- Crafted new positioning statements
- Addressed all policy violations and cleaned the account
- Created dynamic campaigns to quickly identify the best audiences/ads
- Revised campaign structures to allow for multi-level campaigns
- Broke up campaigns into geographical regions
- Ran split tests on all new copywriting and images
- Created a library of winning images for future photo shoot reference
- Improved the product page images so they used the best converting ad images
- Incrementally scaled ad budget (only restricted by production constraints)
- Addressed issues with the product catalogue
- Conducted weekly Zoom screen-sharing reviews and insights for the first month, then fortnightly and now monthly.
Growing eCommerce sales and scaling Facebook ads isn’t easy. But with a systematic approach it can be done.
We live and breathe Facebook ads. It’s how we spend our days so our clients can get on with the business of their business.
If you’d like to explore your options with us as an agency, request a proposal and we’ll schedule a discovery call to see if we’re a good fit to help you achieve your goals.