Are you looking for the most popular digital marketing strategies to improve your online marketing efforts and drive more traffic and sales for your business in 2023?
Look no further!
In this blog post, we’ll explore some of the most popular digital marketing strategies that businesses are using to achieve success online.
From search engine optimization to social media marketing, we’ll cover a range of tactics and techniques that can help you reach your goals and grow your business.
Whether you’re just starting out or are looking to take your marketing to the next level, this post has something for you. Let’s dive in!
Here are 10 of the most popular digital strategies businesses are utilising for growth in 2023;
1. Search engine optimization (SEO)
SEO is the process of improving the visibility and ranking of a website on search engines, such as Google, through a variety of tactics including keyword research and optimization, link building, and content creation.
One example of a business that has successfully used search engine optimization (SEO) is the home goods retailer, Bed Bath & Beyond.
The company has implemented a variety of SEO tactics, such as keyword research and optimization, link building, and high-quality content creation, to improve the visibility and ranking of their website on search engines, such as Google.
This has helped them attract more organic traffic to their site and increase sales.
2. Pay-per-click advertising (PPC)
PPC is a digital advertising model in which advertisers pay a fee each time one of their ads is clicked.
One example of a business that has successfully used pay-per-click (PPC) advertising is the ride-sharing company, Uber.
The company has run numerous PPC campaigns on platforms such as Google Ads, in which they bid on keywords related to their business and pay a fee each time one of their ads is clicked.
This has helped them attract potential customers and increase the number of rides booked through their platform.
3. Content marketing
Content marketing is the creation and distribution of valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly defined audience with the goal of driving profitable customer action.
One example of how the software company, HubSpot, uses content marketing is through their blog.
The company regularly publishes informative and educational blog posts on topics related to marketing, sales, and customer service.
These posts provide valuable information to their target audience and position the company as a thought leader in their industry. In addition, the blog posts include calls-to-action that encourage readers to sign up for their email list or download their marketing resources, which helps generate leads for the company.
4. Social media marketing (including channels such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and TikTok)
SMM or Social Media Marketing is the use of social media platforms to connect with customers, build brand awareness, and drive traffic and sales.
Social Media Marketing is often used to describe both organic content (free to post) and paid social media advertising.
A possible social media marketing publishing schedule for a business who uses organic posts on instagram each month might look like this:
Instagram posting schedule;
- Monday: A post highlighting a new product or service the business is offering
- Tuesday: A post featuring customer testimonials or reviews
- Wednesday: A post showcasing the business’s team or behind-the-scenes content
- Thursday: A post promoting an upcoming event or sale
- Friday: A post asking for user-generated content (e.g. asking followers to share their experiences with the business)
- Monday: A post featuring a Q&A with the business’s founder or CEO
- Tuesday: A post highlighting a successful case study or project the business has worked on
- Wednesday: A post promoting a special offer or discount
- Thursday: A post featuring user-generated content from the previous Friday’s prompt
- Friday: A post announcing a contest or giveaway
- Monday: A post showcasing the business’s products or services in action
- Tuesday: A post featuring a customer spotlight or success story
- Wednesday: A post promoting an upcoming webinar or virtual event
- Thursday: A post sharing an industry-related article or blog post
- Friday: A post asking followers to share their favorite products or services from the business
- Monday: A post announcing the winner of the contest or giveaway from Week 2
- Tuesday: A post featuring a behind-the-scenes look at the business’s operations or processes
- Wednesday: A post promoting a limited-time offer or deal
- Thursday: A post featuring user-generated content from the previous Friday’s prompt
- Friday: A post thanking followers for their support and engagement.
5. Email marketing
Email marketing is the use of email to promote products or services, build relationships with potential and current customers, and drive sales.
Email marketing is often viewed as the cheapest way to communicate with potential and existing customers.
One of the challenges businesses face is how to improve open rates of their emails. Here are 6 different tips to improve your open rates so more people read and engage with your emails.
- Use a clear and compelling subject line that entices the recipient to open the email. Avoid using generic or spammy-sounding subject lines.
- Personalize the email with the recipient’s name and other relevant information, such as their location or previous purchases. This can make the email feel more relevant and personalized, increasing the likelihood that it will be opened.
- Segment your email list and send targeted messages to different groups of recipients. This can help ensure that the content of the email is relevant and interesting to each recipient, increasing the chances that they will open it.
- Optimize the email for mobile devices. Many people open and read emails on their smartphones, so it’s important to make sure the email looks good and is easy to read on a small screen.
- Avoid sending emails too frequently. If recipients receive too many emails from you, they may start to ignore or delete them without opening them. Instead, focus on sending high-quality, valuable content on a regular but not overwhelming schedule.
- Test different subject lines, send times, and other variables to see what works best for your audience. Use the data and insights from these tests to continuously improve and optimize your email campaigns.
6. Influencer marketing
Influencer marketing is a type of marketing in which brands collaborate with influencers, who have a large following on social media, to promote their products or services.
One example of a business that has successfully used influencer marketing is the clothing retailer, Fashion Nova.
The company has partnered with numerous influencers, including celebrities, to promote their products on social media.
These influencers, who have a large following on platforms such as Instagram, share images and videos of themselves wearing Fashion Nova clothing, often with a special discount code for their followers to use.
This has helped the company increase brand awareness and drive sales.
Return on ad spend (ROAS) is a metric used to measure the efficiency of an advertising campaign by dividing the revenue generated from the campaign by the amount spent on advertising.
ROAS is often higher when using remarketing because it targets users who have already shown interest in the business or its products by visiting the website.
These users are more likely to engage with the ads and take the desired action, such as making a purchase, compared to users who have not previously interacted with the business.
This results in a higher ROAS for the campaign and ultimately, greater profits for your business. Remarketing can also make the difference between a losing or breakeven campaign and a profitable campaign.
8. Video marketing
Video marketing is the use of video content to promote a product or service, increase brand awareness, and drive traffic and sales. This will definitely become one of the most popular digital marketing strategies for all businesses in 2023 and beyond.
There are many platforms that businesses can use to distribute their video marketing campaigns, including:
- YouTube – the largest video-sharing platform in the world, with over 2 billion monthly active users.
- Facebook – a social media platform with a large user base and built-in video features, such as the ability to run video ads.
- Instagram – a visual-focused social media platform with a growing number of users and features specifically designed for video content, such as Instagram Stories and IGTV.
- LinkedIn – a professional networking platform that allows users to share video content in their feeds and on their profiles.
- Twitter – a social media platform that allows users to share short videos, often as part of a tweet.
- Vimeo – a video-sharing platform that is popular among creators and businesses for its high-quality video player and advanced features.
- TikTok – a social media platform that is known for its user-generated short-form video content.
- Snapchat – a messaging app with a focus on visual communication, including short-form video content.
Businesses can also use their own website or blog to host and distribute their videos, as well as email marketing to send videos to their subscribers.
9. Display advertising
Display advertising is a type of online advertising that involves the display of banner ads on websites, social media platforms, apps and other digital channels.
It is difficult to say for certain whether banner ads will still be effective in 2023, as the effectiveness of any advertising tactic can vary depending on a variety of factors.
Ad blockers installed on web browsers for example have reduced the efficacy of banner ads as they won’t show for these users.
However, banner ads have been used successfully by businesses for many years and are still commonly used today, so it is likely that they will continue to be a viable option for advertisers in 2023.
That being said, the digital advertising landscape is constantly evolving, and it is important for businesses to stay up-to-date on the latest trends and best practices in order to maximize the effectiveness of their campaigns.
This may include experimenting with different formats and ad placements, as well as using advanced targeting and optimization techniques.
10. Native advertising
Native ads are a type of digital advertising that is designed to blend in with the surrounding content, making it less intrusive and more engaging for the user.
One example of how a business may use native advertising is by partnering with a relevant website or publication to create sponsored content that is in line with the publication’s editorial style and tone. The sponsored content could be an article, video, or other type of media that promotes the business or its products in a way that is integrated seamlessly into the publication’s regular content.
For example, a home furnishings company may create a sponsored article for a home design website that features tips and ideas for decorating small spaces.
The article would be written in the same style as the website’s regular content and include links back to the company’s website for readers who want to learn more or make a purchase.
This allows the business to reach a relevant audience with their marketing message in a way that is less intrusive and more engaging than traditional advertising.
In this blog post, we’ve covered 10 popular digital marketing strategies that businesses are using to achieve success online.
These strategies include search engine optimization, pay-per-click advertising, content marketing, social media marketing, email marketing, influencer marketing, remarketing, video marketing, display advertising, and native advertising.
By implementing these tactics and techniques, businesses can improve their online visibility, reach their target audience, and drive traffic and sales.
These 10 different digital marketing strategies are going to be popular in 2023. Consider using them to grow your business across new channels for extended reach to new audiences and potential customers.